Sunday, April 7, 2013

30 Before 30: Crochet a Scarf

I've used my convalescence of the past week or so to check another item off the 30 Before 30 list.  You all remember that I changed my goal of crocheting a blanket to a scarf.  Well, goal accomplished!

I have been saving this super cute mustard yellow yarn for a rainy day (let's be honest--I pretty much save all my yarn for a rainy day), and finally found a project worthy of it.  I put my new crochet skills to good use and made this braided scarf/cowl:

 
 
I spotted this on Pinterest, and instantly knew that I had to try the scarf.  It turned out so well, and was a super-easy project, especially for a beginner like me.  The suggested "pattern" for it didn't seem like it would really work for what I was trying to accomplish, so I changed it up a bit.  I cast on 120 stitches and did 5 rows of double crochet,  times three strands (size H hook).  Braid them up, seam them off and voila! Scarf.



I can't wait to wear it!

Check another item off the list!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness that's adorable and amazing!!! I tried to start crocheting a blanket last friday and got so incredibly frustrated I just went to bed in defeat. I've made one scarf already but I want to make bigger, better things. However, this scarf is AWESOME! I totally want to try it too!

    ReplyDelete