Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tutorial Twosday: Lunch Bag Revolution

I've been carrying the same lunch bag for a few years now, and though I am madly in love with the fabric, I kind of threw it together without a pattern.  As I've done more and more sewing projects, I've learned more about construction and patterning, and now I look at my lunch bag with a mix of pity and shame. 

I've been looking for a new lunch bag for a while now, and this one has been on my radar:



Okay, so I'm kind of cheating here.  You have to pay for the PDF pattern, but it's only $5 dollars and technically, it is a tutorial.  Plus, it's adorable. How can you resist it?  You'll be seeing the Goodlaff version soon...


Do you ever feel guilty throwing away plastic Ziploc bags?  'Cause I do.  I came across these on Pinterest the other day, and I nearly died from cleverness overload:



Why, yes, those are fabric covered, plastic-lined, reusable lunch bags.  I'm going to do a set (maybe five?), and stop buying so many plastic bags. Major points for eco-friendliness...

Lunch is about to get a makeover!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment