Thursday, November 24, 2011

Of Thanks

Being that it's Thanksgiving (and this is what you do), I thought I'd take a moment out of this crazy turkey-cooking day to note what I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for new opportunities and adventures; for new places.  I'm thankful for old friends and for the new ones I know I'll meet soon. 

I'm thankful that I can knit things to keep myself warm in the winter.

I'm thankful that my goldfish are miraculously still alive even though I left them outside in the car overnight in freezing cold temperatures when we were moving up here.

I'm thankful that we found a couch that would fit in the elevator, and that we now have a dining room table to sit at.  I'm also thankful that our building has storage units.

I'm thankful for my family, immediate and extended.  We aren't normal, but whose family is?

I'm incredibly thankful for my husband, who is a wonderful, patient man who, for whatever reason, chooses to put up with me.

Finally, I'm thankful for the bird in the oven, the potatoes on the stove, and the cool whip in the fridge. Oh--and the green beans.  I'm thankful for the green beans...

No comments:

Post a Comment