It's been almost a month, so I figured I would fill you in on my progress. I have taken a lot of steps toward accomplishing my goals, but I'm sad to say, I can't check anything off the list just yet.
So, what am I up to?
1. I'm reading Jane Eyre. I've gotten further in the book than I ever have before, but I'm nowhere near becoming a fan. Sorry to all you Bronte fans out there, but every time I pick up the book, I'm bored. Give me back my Jane Austen.
2. Become a homeowner. We have started looking for houses. This process merits a whole other post, which I may or may not do (depends on my laziness), but suffice it to say, we are looking at but not finding a whole lot...
3. Finding my style. I spent about an hour last week tearing all my clothes out of the closet and mashing them together in random outfits. I'm pretty sure my five year old niece puts together better outfits than I did. It's a process.
4. Run a 5K. I signed up for one, does that count? Sure, sure, there's a bunch of training to be done, but I am committed to running one at the end of August. In Disneyland. If you have to run, you may as well be running in the happiest place on earth, right?
5. Crochet a blanket. I learned to crochet a bit more, and I even bought a book to teach me the rest, but I think I was a little too ambitious in thinking I would be able to start and finish a blanket having barely learned how to do a chain stitch. I am amending my task to "crochet a scarf," because, as the old saying goes, you've got to crawl before you decide to run a marathon. Or something like that.
6. Let my hair down. I have actually been making an effort to wear my hair down at least once a week, and I've been mostly successful so far. I missed one week, but otherwise, hair has been worn down more in the last month than the last year. Success.
7. Floss Daily. I have been flossing every day. I've been so good, and I fully expect my dentist to look at my mouth during my next cleaning and say to me: "Finally. Welcome to adulthood where we suck it up, put on our big girl panties, and do unpleasant things like floss our teeth and take out the trash before it overflows."
8. Sew clothing for myself. I bought fabric for a skirt. Although, it should be noted that I already had fabric for two other skirts. Um, right...
And there you have it, my progress on the road toward 30.