Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tutorial Twosday: Getting Organized

We all make those New Year's Resolutions:  Lose weight.  Read more.  Get organized. 

I don't know about you, but sometime around January 7th, I realize whatever it is is just not gonna happen.  Resolutions seem to be so absolute, that if you miss a few days, it seems like you've failed, and why should you really continue?

Still, I make resolutions.  After all, tomorrow is another day.

One of my resolutions is to get myself a little bit more organized. Tutorial number one will start my organization streak with my closet.

You've heard of the 20/80 rule, right? You wear 20 percent of your clothes 80 percent of the time.  I know it's true for me.  Here's one of the best ideas for practically weeding out your closet:



Basically you take all of your hangers in your closet and turn them backwards.  When you wear something, flip the hanger back around.  Whatever you haven't worn by July 1st, goes to the donation bin.  This way, you are getting rid of things based on what you actually wear, and not your sappy sentimental nature (can't just be me).


After my closet, the next thing that could use a little organization in my life would be my craft supplies--particularly my ribbon stash. Enter in this lovely little solution:



I am constantly amazed by creative storage solutions, and this one is just awesome.  This little trick will be the first of many craft storage makeovers I hope to do this year. Ribbons on a dowel, all in a row.  If only it were this easy to organize my fabric!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment