Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tutorial Twosday: Light it Up

Once upon a time I was under the delusion that I would use this tutorial to craft for my wedding.  I thought homemade votives would be awesome.  Then I came to my senses and decided on semi-homemade votives (my minions helped me make them).  Still, the cool factor of this project just can't be denied.



I bet you could add dye and make your own colors.  You could make large luminaries, small luminaries, and when the luminaries got deformed, you could toss them back in the pot, melt them down and redo the process all over again.  Awesome.


Can you think of a better use for grandma's old doilies than turning them into a chic lamp shade?  I can't.  Check it out:


I bet the holes in the lace make for really interesting shadow patterns. Maybe you could use paper doilies if you don't have any lace ones hanging around.  This could be really cute in miniature, too.  Small paper doilies could really spice up a boring set of plain old fairy lights! Tea party chic--that's how I roll.

Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. I love this!!! I found it on Pinterest a couple days ago and I want to try it sooo bad. Might have to do this in the coming weeks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. Wish you were here with me to try it out. Love, Minion #1

    ReplyDelete